History Of Palestine

Areeha

Areeha is an old Canaanite city. Archaeologists consider Areeha one of the oldest cities in Palestine, if not the oldest city ever. Its history returns to the stone age before 7 thousand years ago.
The origin of the name Areeha: Areeha means the moon for Canaanites.
Areeha was thrived in the Roman era, which is shown in the ruins of the courtyards that were build. However, Areeha's popularity decreased, and it stayed in a size of a village or less until 1908.
Areeha is considered as the eastern gate of Palestine, it's connected to the eastern bank in roads, it's also connected to the Jerusalem-Oman road. It's located to the north of Jerusalem, 38 km far from it, and 276 meters beneath sea level.
In 1922 the city's population was about 1039 people, it increased to 2840 people in 1945, in 1965 they increased to 75000 person, but in June 1967 they decreased because of immigration to 5300 person.
Areeha's lands are 137500 Donm. On its lands are three refugee camps
It's famous for it's tourism location, the Dead Sea, and the Hesham castle, which is built by Hesham Bin Abd Al-malek are the most famous areas in Areeha.
The Israeli settlement process started in 1967, Israel authorities are planning to make the whole Jordan valley with the Dead Sea until Tabariah one settlement without any existence of Arabs. There are now 32 settlement in Areeha.

Areha
Areeha

Email: ashihabi@hotmail.com

Ram Allah

Ram Allah is one of the most important cities in the Palestinian bank in terms of political and cultural activities.
Ram Allah had 58 villages, after 1948 war they increased to 74 villages. The city’s population in 1922 was 30005 person, and in 1945 they were 47280.
Ram Allah is famous for planting olives, the Ram Allah oil is one of the finest oils in the world, and grapes, citrus fruits, and vegetables are planted in the city.
In 1942-1943 there were 5 girls schools, 20 boys schools, that number increased in 1966-1967 to 63 boys schools, 57 for girls, and 11 mixed schools.
Ram Allah is the only Palestinian city that Jews weren’t able to steal from it any village until 1967. In 14 May 1948 the British mandate on Palestine ended, and Ram Allah was under the Jordan mandate until 1967, when armed Zionist organizations invaded Palestine and Ram Allah.
The city is north to Jerusalem, 16 km far from it, and 860 meters above sea level.
The size of its lands is 14706 donm, and its population in 1922 was 3067 1987 they were 24772, and in 1996 they were 20561.
As a result of Ram Allah being an important city it had a great number of educational, social, and economical services.
The Israeli authorities stole huge lands of Ram Allah and built many settlements on it. In the end of 1987 there were about 30 settlements.

رام الله

Beit Lahem

Beit Lahem is located south of Jerusalem, it is named by one of the Canaanite gods.
First who lived in Beit Lahem was a Canaanite village in 2000 B.C
It is told that the prophet Yaqoub PBUH came to the city in his way to Al-Khaleel.
It gained a great popularity when the Christ was born in a church built by the Roman prince Constantine inside the city.
The city is located on a high mountain 789 meters above sea level, in the north of the Jerusalem mountains, and 10km away from Jerusalem.
In 1922 about 6658 people were living In the city, in 1945 about 8820 people, in 1967 they were 16300, and in 1987 they were 34200.
Beit Lahem is a tourism city, tourists visit it for Hajj, and it has many famous landmarks.

Bethlehem aerial from north2, df010703
beit lahem

Nabless

Nabless is the heart of Palestine, it’s located in the middle of the country connecting its north to its south. Nabless includes 130 small villages in 1965.
Nabless is an old Canaanite town, its history returns to 9000 years ago. It's 500 meters above sea level.
The city started growing after 1945 until its size became 5571 donm. Nabless started growing after the events of 1948, after invading Palestine the city's population and buildings increased, as a result of many refugees who came to the city and built camps around it.
The City became two parts the "old town" in the middle, and the new town on its edges because of its modern roads, and buildings.
In 1967 a lot of residents left the city so the city's population decreased from 53 thousand to 44 thousand. Then it increased to 80 thousand in 1983, and in 1996 they were 102462.
Nabless remained an important economical center famous for fabric, leather, Chemicals, and Industrial products.
Nabless and its villages were victims of the Israeli settlement project.

nabls
nabless

Yafa

Yafa is an Arabian city located on the east coast of the Mediterranean sea.
It’s considered as Palestine’s main window to the Mediterranean sea, and one of its important doors. It used to play an important role in connecting Palestine to the outside world, in terms of being a primary station. Yafa port is Palestine’s first port in terms of economical, and trading importance.
Yafa is located north-west Jerusalem.
Yafa’s history is a live feed to Palestine’s history throughout the ages, its history began 4000 B.C, when the Canaanites build the city, and it was like an empire. The Pharaohs, The Persians, the Greek, and the Romans invaded the city, then the Islamic leader Amro Bin Alaas freed the city, until the Ottomans invaded it, and after the 1948 war Zionist forces invaded the city.
Yaafas size is 17510 Donm. Its population in 1922 was 47709 people, and in 1947 they were 72000 people.
The city of Yaafa is an important trading center because of its ports. It was also a cultural center, where most Palestinian newspapers and magazines were published. The Schools in Yaafa before 1948 were 47 schools, 17 boys schools, 11 girls schools, and 19 mixed schools.
It also had 6 main markets, 4 hospitals, and about 12 mosques.
Yafa played a big role in fighting the British invader because from Yafa the 1920 revolution took place, the 1936 strike, and the 1936 revolution.
The citizens of Yafa in 1948 were 3651, in 1965 they were 10000, and now they're about 20000.

Yafa
Yafaa

Haifa

Haifa is one of the pre-historic cities. Historians found remains of skeletons that return to the stone age.
The Canaanites were the first to live in the city and build it along with its villages.
Heifa is the third biggest city in Palestine after Jerusalem and Yafa, It is located on the Mediterranean sea near Aakas south bay.
Haifa's size in 1945 was 54305 Donms, its population in 1922 were about 24634, in 1945 about 138300, and in 1948 it decreased to 88893.
Heifas geographical location played a big role in its Architectural, tourism, and trading growth. The Hijaz railroad that existed from 1905 increased the importance of the city, and the port that the Ottomans built in 1908.
Haifa is an active cultural, and political center.
In the period between 21-23 April 1948 Haifa fell into the hands of Zionist armed organizations after furious battles between the Jihadists defending Haifa and its villages, and the Zionists. The Zionist organizations made bloody slaughters against Palestinians, as a result of these slaughters 75000 Arabs immigrated from the city.

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.


Get Flash Player